No announcement yet.

2016 US Presidential Election

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty much agree with Specnur. If you see everything that's in television as some corrupting thing of society then fine but I don't see it that way. I think you are too stuck with that monarchy thing. It's very much different kind of job I feel. And monarchs didn't start acting dignified until their livelihood started depending on it! If Obama was the king of England maybe I would agree that he shouldn't be on TV shows as much but at least one of those videos was when Obama was running for president and it was he's job to get any attention he can get. And I really don't see Obama as an egomaniac. He hasn't been in anywhere after he left the office has he? This would be a perfect time to have rallies like Trump and have some liberal nuts drooling and paying top money. Perhaps I should add that in a country like USA especially I see presidency as a job rather than a ceremonial position and I think Obama did well regarding that.

Comment

• There it is again. that famous 'whataboutery'.

if your argument in favour of Obama being dignified is simply that others that came before/after him are (also) undignified then it doesn't really say much. I'm not saying Obama is undignified in comparison to anyone, I'm saying he is undignified full stop.

if you're a Head of State and you're mincing about on the stage of a chat show, crooning and gyrating then you have to consider you're devaluing both yourself and the role you keep.

I don't care about Bush/Clinton/Trump. my focus is specifically on Obama because Mel said he brought 'dignity' into the Presidency. his television performances, schmoozing with US celebrities and handing out gongs left right and centre to his Hollywood pals don't scream 'Dignity' to me. he is the US equivalent of Blair. full of sh*t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steely View Post
        There it is again. that famous 'whataboutery'.

if your argument in favour of Obama being dignified is simply that others that came before/after him are (also) undignified then it doesn't really say much. I'm not saying Obama is undignified in comparison to anyone, I'm saying he is undignified full stop.
        Well how do you judge what is dignified then in that position.
        We are not talking about his bedroom manor ,which has nothing to do with the American public here . We are talking about his position as the the highest ranked official in American politics if not the world. I could compare Obama with untold celebrities , sports figures and other in the public ,and out and he would pretty much buy most of them when it comes to class and dignity.
        So i really don't know what lofty comparison gauge you are using. The Queen?

if you're a Head of State and you're mincing about on the stage of a chat show, crooning and gyrating then you have to consider you're devaluing both yourself and the role you keep.
        You saw what you wanted to see , i saw a man who was trying to show a certain level of attachment to regular folk. rather this facade that many president throw up only to be found out later to be an absolute fraud.

I don't care about Bush/Clinton/Trump. my focus is specifically on Obama because Mel said he brought 'dignity' into the Presidency. his television performances, schmoozing with US celebrities and handing out gongs left right and centre to his Hollywood pals don't scream 'Dignity' to me. he is the US equivalent of Blair. full of sh*t.
        He did bring dignity to the white house ,the crap[ that he endured that NO OTHER President in history had to endure ,just because he was black and how he carried himself insight of it , was the epitome of class. But of course you fail to see, or remember that because you fail to accept your vision is blinkered.
        Listen i wasn't even an Obama fan and i am still not ,but when i see such baseless comments with what we have seen of him over the 8 years in office , i feel the need to challenge it.

Comment

Working...
        X